South County Mental Health Center employs a staff of ~ 237.
E-mail inquiries to Human Resources
Please E-mail Cover letter and resume to SCMHCHR@scmhcinc.org
or fax to 561-637-7530
SOUTH COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER EMPLOYEES ENJOY MANY COMPANY PAID BENEFITS:
HEALTH & LIFE INSURANCE
Coverage for individual employees and their spouse, children & families is available.
401K with 3%Match (on qualified employee class)
LEAVE & OTHER BENEFITS
2 weeks of vacation after first year, increasing incrementally with longevity
7 paid sick days, 10 paid holidays, a full day's salary on your birthday and numerous staff awards and functions
These benefits help make South County Mental Health Center a great place to work, learn and help serve our community.
The following positions are currently available:
- STAFF PSYCHIATRIST - Provides Psychiatric Services to Adult Clients of the center's programs. M.D. or D.O., DEA Certification, Valid FL Drivers license. F/T, P/T or Per-Diem positions available.
- PSYCHIATRIC ARNP's - Provide Psychiatric services to Adult clients of the center's program under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer or Designee. ARNP Certification and current FL Driver's License required. DEA Certified if applicable. F/T, P/T and Per-Diem positions available.
- ON-CALL COVERAGE - Work weekend and/or On-Call ONLY. Earn $1,000.00 and up per week. Seeking highly qualified and independent Psychiatrists and ARNPs for per-diem weekend and evening coverage. Per-Diem
- RN - F/T and Per Diem - Current FL nursing license and 1 year experience in Psych nursing. Prefer BSN and 2 years experience. Per Diem positions available.
- INTAKE & EVALUATION SPECIALIST - F/T, P/T and Per-Diem - Provide quality assessment and crisis intervention for individuals and families, both at the center and in the community including internal and external referrals and document those interventions. Provide Mobile Crisis Interventions in the community, to include Palm Beach County Schools within SCMHC catchment area, etc. Minimum Educational Experience; Bachelors Degree in Psych, Mental Health Counseling, Social Sciences, Social Work or related field. Plus: 1 year experience in the delivery of Mental Health Services.
- MENTAL HEALTH TECH - Full Time, Part Time and Per-Diem- Provide on-site supervision of Clients. Assists clients in activities of daily living. Must have HS diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience with mentally ill. F/T and Per-Diem positions available.
- RESIDENTIAL TECH - Per Diem- Provide on-site supervision of Clients. Assists clients in activities of daily living. Must have HS diploma or equivalent and 1 year experience with mentally ill. Per-Diem positions available.
- THERAPIST/COUNSELOR -
Position Dynamic agency seeking Master's level therapists (licensed or licensed eligible preferred) for Per Diem Position, to work with a varied adult/child population within an outpatient mental health setting. One year experience providing individual therapy required. Experience with co-occurring (addiction/mental illness) and trauma related disorders a must. In office and outreach positions available, hours flexible.
- FLOATING ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST - Per Diem-
The Administrative Support Specialist floats on a needs basis and provides clerical and administrative support to various departments on a needs basis. Some of the functions and duties for this support position are as follows:
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Answering Phones
- Medical Record Filing
- Appointment Setting
- Payment Processing
- Computer Proficiency
Minimum Education & Experience
- GRANT WRITER / PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
The purpose of GRANT WRITER is to assist South County Mental Health Center, Inc. by developing additional revenue streams from individuals, corporations, foundations and government grants by providing research, submitting and obtaining grants.
Other essential functions and duties of the GRANT WRITER may include but are not limited to the following:
Develop a strategic grant writing plan with clear goals, plans of action, and timelines.
- Conduct research and profiling of special gift prospects among individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Provide recommendations to CHS Management regarding applying to prospective funders.
- Record all relevant information about the prospective funders in the CHS Grant Management Database.
- Draft and submit grant proposals for new and renewed funding from foundations, corporations and government sources.
- Assist in assigning prospects to solicitors.
- Prepare correspondence for purposes of solicitation, seeking appointments, follow-up and other grant-related relationships.
- Coordinate evaluation and monitoring of grant funded programs.
- Communicate frequently with all appropriate levels of CHS Management and the Divisions’ Board of Directors on the status of each grant proposal.
- Attend meetings as required by prospective funders.
- Assist in the preparation of brochures and publications.
- Participate in grant technical training provided by funding agencies and keep abreast of changing grant standards and proposal guidelines.
- Prepare and facilitate grant workshops and grant technical training within CHS.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Develops and executes a marketing/advertising/media strategy
- Coordinates marketing/advertising/media programs
- Initiates, develops, coordinates, and distributes communications materials including newsletters, literature, online resources, videos, programs and press releases
- Develops, implements, and manages marketing /advertising/media performance measurements
- Prepares Annual Report on activities of the agency
- Be the primary responsible party for agency website design and maintenance with the assistance of the IT Department
- Manages the development and production of promotional materials such as brochures, posters, bulletin covers, inserts, offering envelopes, etc. for use by churches and other groups to assist them in raising funds as directed by the CEO
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a related field
- Minimum of three years of successful experience in grant development and grant writing
- Federal and state grants experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Effective organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, problem solve and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to interact effectively and successfully with statewide staff, donors and community leaders at all levels
- Ability to use all research sources including Internet, electronic and written
- Ability to work as a team member with other senior managers and staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel